KEy WORDPOWER : "You scratch my back"

Today’s Phrase

The phrase ‘you scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours’ means ‘if you do something for me, I’ll do something for you’; especially if it is something you would not have been able to do for yourself.

For example:

You know, I think we can help each other out here. I’ll lend you my car on Friday if you let me borrow your camera for the wedding. You scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours.

If you could come and fix my radiators that would be really helpful. I’ll do that translation exercise for you if you like. You scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours.


________________________________________________________________________

NOTE:
If you do or start something ‘from scratch’ it means you do it from the beginning.
I was writing my essay and forgot to save it. Guess what happened? Yes, the computer crashed and I had to start from scratch. Why does that always happen?!

Comments

Popular Posts